Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Dawn and the no good, very bad day!

Where do I start? Yesterday I had a doctor's appointment (that the source of my bad day). I didn't eat breakfast because my appointment was in the morning and I was going to grab a bite afterwards.

On my way I was driving down a local road and all of a sudden I noticed the road was COVERED in broken glass. This picture I grabbed from the internet for effect. I didn't have a chance to stop and take pictures. It just came up on me. The glass was scattered across the entire width of the road so there was no way to avoid it.


Just about the time I got to my appointment I started hearing a funny sound. You guessed it. I had a flat tire! I parked my car at the hospital (where my appointment was). I called AAA and found that my membership had expired so I had to renew it over the phone and then set up a time for someone to come change my tire. (I've never changed one and don't know how!). I had to wait until my doctor's appointment was over to call AAA back to set up a time. In the mean time I called the local police department to tell them about the glass and they said that they were sending the highway department to clean it up.

Because I didn't have any thing to eat yet I went inside the main lobby of the hospital to grab a bagel from the little cafe that was no longer where it used to be. I walked across the hospital only to be told that it wouldn't open for another 25 minutes. I couldn't wait because AAA was coming. So, I walked back to the lobby to find out that the cafe serves food all day.

When the tow truck came and put the spare on my car (you know those donut tires) I saw a big piece of glass wedged into another tire. I ended up calling where my niece's husband works and set up an appointment with him. I needed 4 new tires!!!! It took about an hour after I got there for him to get to my car. Since I hadn't eaten yet and it was already 1:00 I waked to the little restaurant in the plaza to see that it was closed. I ended up walking further down the road to find a place to eat. "The diet be damned today!", I thought. I got myself some fish and chips but didn't eat all the fries. My tummy didn't feel well afterwards. UGH!

Then I walked a little further down the road to my mother's house to pick up Tim. He and I walked back to the tire store and waited about another hour for my car to be done...to the tune of $343! I think the town owes me that money! I've called the police department to see if there was an accident there and there wasn't one reported (Something happened because there was glass and a windshield wiper on the road!)  The highway department says they aren't responsible because they have 24 hours to clean up a road after it has been reported!!


Hours later I traveled back to buy some crayons that I needed (I saved $59) and walked out with two boxes of chalk I didn't pay for.  I went right back in to pay for them.  I certainly don't need bad Karma!

If you made it this far reading...bless you!  I hope today is better!

take care,
Dawn

24 comments:

Beverly said...

Ugh, Ugh, Super Ugh! I hate those kind of days.

I hope all was good for your appointment.

Back to work for me today.

Kim's Treasures said...

Those days are the WORST! I hope you have a great day today!!!

Darlene said...

Oh what a HORRIBLE day! So sorry for all of that. I hope your appointment at least went alright.♥

JEANNE said...

Good morning Dawn, at least I hope it is a lot better!!! I can only imagine the stress. Sigh. The good thing is new tires are safer. I bet you lost weight that day!!! That's a good thing. smile. I am so proud of your accomplishment of losing weight. You look beautiful.

My dtr is still here recovering from surgery and Bill's sister and dh arrived two days ago for 10 days. Busy is an understatement these days.
Gotta run, love ya, Jeanne

JEANNE said...

Hi Dawn, just checking in to see if you are ok. When does school start? This summer just flew by. Fall is my favorite season. I'm ready for the cooler weather.

Take care and have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs, Jeanne

SmilingSally said...

Oh how awful! I sure hope that was the end of all your bad days.

Happy Labor Day, Dawn.

Beverly said...

Just stopping by to let you know I'm thinking of you today.♥

Beverly said...

Just stopping by to wish you and your family a happy and blessed Thanksgiving holiday.

I'll try to give you a call this weekend.

Jeanne said...

Dear Dawn, Beverly told me about your surgery. I am sending hugs, prayers and wishes for a speedy recovery. Please listen to the Dr's. advice and don't overdo anything. I have been in your shoes and it is a good six weeks recovery. When you are walking around the house hold a pillow across your tummy. It helps a lot. Take my advice too. Smile.
Love, Jeanne

Beverly said...

Thinking of you this morning.♥

Beverly said...

I just know that I am going to come here one morning this week and find a wonderful new post.

♥♥♥

Beverly said...

Thinking of you today and every day.

A new post for the new year? Maybe?

♥♥♥

Beverly said...

Happy back to school day. I know there will be a lot of little faces thrilled to see you.♥

Beverly said...

Happy Valentine's Day, Dawn. I know you will have lots of cards from all of your little sweethearts today.♥

Neabear said...

I am just now reading this post. I hope all is well you. Thinking about you.

~Linnea

tiaolou003 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
bad credit loans said...

It's not a good day at all. Messy as i can see.

elarie said...

hahaha...nice read specially when I too just had a "super UGH" day!!

Unknown said...

hppy back to school day...
cooking class philadelphia

simran said...

Your debt, credit history, the type of mortgage you choose and the current interest rates will all play an important role when you go to apply for a mortgage. These will all determine, along with your income and cash on hand, the amount of money that a lender will give you to purchase a home.
satta king
play bazaar

Unknown said...

if you love brewing coffee is to make sure you clean your kitchen equipment now and then. If you don't clean your coffee pot often, it won't take long for the particles to build up and you'll soon start to notice a very bitter taste with your coffee.
satta king
play bazaar

jatin said...

Basketball players need to engage in strength training. Being physically tough is as important as having the stamina to keep up with the game. Even young children can benefit from strength training. When they become teens, try using weights to keep enhancing their exercises. The adult years are where strength training is crucial to maintain solid performance on the court.
satta king
play bazaar

Satta King said...

With regards to misery consider looking for the assistance of experts so as to support you
play bazaar
satta king

Online Teer said...

Thanks for the amazing post.
Satta King
Satta King