Saturday, June 06, 2009

Meet Dexter

We have been busy around our house. There has been a lot going on with school! Yes, I have 10 days left and TONS of work to get done in those days.


The biggest news is that a couple of weeks ago we began the process of adopting a dog. Late Friday afternoon his foster mother drove him from Rhode Island to our house. His name is Dexter and he is a terrier mix. He's two years old and about 13 pounds and just about the sweetest dog ever.


Meet Dexter:

He was a bit nervous when he got here. He's been here about 24 hours now (as I write this) and he seems to be quite comfortable. He is so good natured. Friday night when we took him out his collar slipped off him and I thought "Oh no, he's going to make a mad dash", but he just ran to the door to go in.

On Saturday Britt brought the kids by and he was very gentle with them. Then Britt brought her dog, Joey out of the car to meet Dexter. They played for hours. Britt has offered to dog sit for the next two weeks of school so Dexter and Joey can play.

These pictures are from the adopt a pet web site. Dexter was rescued by PAWS of New England from a kill shelter in Tennessee.

I'll be taking more pictures to share later.

take care,
Dawn

12 comments:

Beverly said...

I know Dexter must be so happy to be a member of such a nice family. He definitely has a wonderful new mom.

vintage girl at heart said...

Welcome back!!!! Dexter looks like a sweetie and what a wonderful way to bring a new pet Home by saving one!! I wish I had a big farm so I could save all of them!!!
Good luck with the last 10 days!! I know you will welcome Summer Break!!!
:))

Cottage Rose said...

Hello Dawn. How sweet Dexter is, what a cute face. Congratulations on your new family member, he sounds like a really kind and loving doggy. have lots of fun with him, they give so much love back...

Hugs;
Alaura

Anonymous said...

Hi Dawn!! Oh, congratulations on getting a dog! I know your son is just thrilled! Now Dexter is just adorable! Good luck with the newness and it sounds as if he's fitting in well.
Also, good luck with your last few days of school! I know you're ready for your break!
Be a sweetie and I've missed you,
Shelia :)

Unknown said...

Hi Dawn,
He is a cutie...bet you all will fall in love with him!
:) Diane

Tracy said...

Welcome home Dexter! What a sweet rescue...he is lovely, Dawn! Have fun as you get to know your new member of the family...Look forward to hearing and seeing more about him! :o) Happy Weekend ((HUGS))

Judi said...

Congratulations for becoming a new mommy! Dexter looks very attentive and loving having his picture taken.
Thats such a good facility to rescue him out of. Lucky puppy...and lucky you too.
we'll look forward to more pictures
have a lovely weekend
Judi

Kim's Treasures said...

Congratulations on the new addition to your family! He's CUTE!

I bet you are glad summer is almost here! I know my daughter was ready to be done teaching for the summer! :-)

Neabear said...

I can't believe this sweet dog was at a kill shelter. I am so glad your family has him now. He is going to be so well loved at your house. And Britt's too for that matter. You will definitely have lots to blog about with a new member in your family. Good luck with the last 10 days of school.

Sam said...

I can't wait to meet him! What a cutie!

Becky said...

I know your son and Dexter will be best buddies. So kind of you to take in a rescue dog. He's a cutie!

Anonymous said...

Dexter looks like a happy little guy! :-) He is so lucky to find you.

I can't beleive you still have 10 days left! It must feel like the never ending school year for you! Hang in there!