Thursday, March 29, 2007

Knitting with the girls


My friend Ingrid and I took a sock knitting class this past winter and I've gotten hooked on knitting socks. We decided to ask the "girls" from the class if they would be interested in a Stitch and Bitch club. We get together every week at Ingrid's house. (She very graciously has offered her home to us. Good thing it's not here I can only sit 4 in my living room!) We've invited a few "new" friends as well. We bring the projects that we are working on, projects we have finished to share and talk about what we would like to try next. Oh, and there's food and lots of talking and laughing. It's funny how the time just flies when we get there.
Most of us have tackled felted clogs. I think they are so fun and easy to knit. I plan on making more. Right now I have two different socks in the works, a scarf and another pair of clogs.
One of the next projects I want to try is the Nantasket Basket.
I look forward to meeting every week. I sure hope the girls don't mind that I posted their picture ;).
take care,
Dawn

1 comment:

Debi said...

You gave me a good chuckle!
Can I come to your Stitch and Bitch club? It sounds like a wonderful time, Dawn. Nothing like finding people who share your passion, is there?
Have a wonderful weekend! And I can't wait to see some more of your projects!