Sunday, February 15, 2009

My V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N is here!!!


Hi everyone. I am sorry I wasn't around last week. It was one of those very busy weeks. I had a technology committee meeting on Monday. On Tuesday we celebrated the 100th day of school. It was exciting for the children. I left the room for a few minutes (I have an assistant ...who is also one of my good friends...in the room at the time. I didn't just abandon them LOL!) and came back wearing a gray wig and glasses. I told them I was my great grandmother who was 100 years old. They, of course knew right away it was me! It was fun nonetheless. On Wednesday I had my final observation with the principal for the year. Thursday I had math data meetings then had to leave school a bit early to get some bloodwork done. On Friday I had a meeting with the principal to go over my observation and we celebrated Valentine's Day. What a lot of energy they had! I'm beat!


I've been working on the technology course I'm taking and I just didn't seem to have an extra minute! I do have a bit of reading and writing to do this week. I also want to get a jump start on next week's assignments.


Yesterday I went to see my grandchildren to bring them their little Valentine treats and got some hearts that they colored for me. WHAT A TREASURE they will be.



I hope to be able to visit you all this week. It will be nice to have some time off. I don't go back to school until February 23rd.


take care,
Dawn

9 comments:

Tracy said...

HI, Dawn! Enjoy your vacation...a whole week--what bliss! Hope this finds you & yours having the Happiest Valentine's weekend--may it be sweet with delights and rosy with love! :o) ((HUGS))qi

Smilingsal said...

I've missed you, but I do understand. Right now Feb. 23rd sounds like so very far off. I hope that you're able to rest AND get all of your stuff done!

Diane@A Picture is Worth.... said...

Glad to know you are doing well. You have been really busy!

Enjoy your vacation!

Judi said...

Hi Dawn

Whew you sure have been busy. I missed not seeing you!

It sounds like you had a great 100 year birthday at your school. That was a fun dressup you did. The children must have thought that was fun!

Luck you for having a week off...yipee for you. Enjoy and take some time for you and whatever else you have planned!

Have a lovely day.
Happy Belated Valentine's Day
Judi

Beverly said...

I'm so happy for you. I do wish I could be off with you. ;-)

Enjoy every second.

Lorrie said...

Hi Dawn, it's good to hear from you. I know how busy you've been and I totally understand. Enjoy your time off!

jeanne said...

Hi Dawn, I just got the biggest chuckle over the first line of your comment. Are we referring to ALIVE OR DEAD? You cracked me up. I know you had a very busy week or more. Your dedication to your classroom is outstanding. You are the kind of teacher that most teachers aspire to be. You go girl.

I just started reading a book called Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella. Silly books that are a light read. Right now that is all I can concentrate on. These meds are a drawback, but needed.

Have a wonderful week and get rested. It seems like that's all I do lately. Visiting is sporadic to say the lest. LOL.

Hugs...Jeanne

jeanne said...

'least' J

Cottage Rose said...

Hello Dawn; I was wondering what happened to you.. I have missed you. Glad you are back. Wow what a week you had, you wore me out.. I hope you get to enjoy your time off a bit and just relax...

Hugs;
Alaura