Tuesday, August 25, 2009

I've been out of pracitce!!


This week I made it to school and actually WORKED hard these last two days. I'm exhausted and my body aches from lifting and moving things around!

I need a few more hours of work and I should be all set! I am going to try to get some of the work done on Wednesday and then head in for one more day next week.

I am the kind of person who does not do well waiting until the last minute. I get very anxious when things are ready on time. Our entire school has been cleaned, with the exception of the kindergarten. I don't know why they wait until the VERY LAST minute to get our rooms done. We aren't going to be able to get in for many days and kindergarten has the most STUFF to put away and organize. I am glad I've gone in to get some things done.

I need a good movie to watch in bed and relax for the rest of the night.

take care,
Dawn

7 comments:

Lorrie said...

Hi Dawn--I know just what you mean about not wanting to wait until the last minute to get your room organized. I have often wondered why things like the cleaning are often being done so last minute. I hope you get it all done in good time and you don't feel too stressed.

Beverly said...

Poor baby. It is hard having to work when you've worked so hard on the farm all summer. I will be right over to give you a hand. ;-)

Dawn, you are such a devoted teacher. I know you have been a blessing in the lives of many children as they begin the walk along the educational path.

Good job, my friend.

jeanne said...

Good morning Dawn. I hope you got rested up for the big school term coming up AGAIN!!! Life goes by fast we better make the most of every day. I agree, the last minute is nerve racking. However, Beverly will confirm this about me...If it wasn't for the last minute nothing would get done. That is probably why I have the shingles right now. LOL. I need to take a lesson from you and make my life a little calmer.

Have a happy day.

Hugs...Jeanne

Cottage Rose said...

Hi Dawn; You poor thing, I know how hard you work for your class,, you are such a caring teacher to your kids.. So I hope you can get some much needed rest before school starts... have a great restful week.

Hugs;
Alaura

Kim's Treasures said...

Hi Dawn!

They should do your rooms first! That IS a lot of stuff to move compared to other rooms!

My daughter's classroom is coming along and she's waiting for a big shipment of supplies to come in. She's very excited about her first classroom!

Have a great school year!!! :-D

Kim

Darlene said...

Hopefully you will be able to get everything arranged before school starts and not feel stressed over it. It is silly to wait until the last minute to get the rooms cleaned for y'all!

SmilingSally said...

I used to hate it when they decided to polish the floors right before the return of school. It hampered me getting my stuff done, so that I'd have to go in on Saturday morning before school started. However, like you, I did it because it makes the year go smoother.