Monday, November 09, 2009

Halloween and the grandkids :)

This past Halloween my granddaughter expressed her love of Star Wars by being Darth Vader. She is a girl that doesn't like dolls, or princesses etc. She loves all the things Tim loved when he was little LOL!!! Recently she has become a big fan of the Star Wars movies. :) That's my girl!!

Jack on the other hand just takes what he can get. He was a happy little bee for Halloween. I went to see them on Halloween morning with a pumpkin of goodies...like a good grandmother should LOL!
Here are some pumpkins that they decorated.
I was the lucky recipient of one of Mackenzie's little pumpkins.
Jack seemed to enjoy the painting. Britt got all of these pictures of him. I'm glad I didn't have to clean up that mess!


I'm guessing the creativity gene has found its way to Mackenzie and Jack! Don't you think?

take care,
Dawn

9 comments:

Tracy said...

So glad to have you back in blogland, Dawn! We were beginning to wonder if we'd lost you--LOL! Glad all is well... And such fun at Halloween. Those pumpkins are so sweet--the jack o'lanterns as well as your sweeties there. Tim's school photo was a treat too see--that is a very cool shirt he's wearing too! So glad he is happy in 5th grade. What sweet boy he is. Happy Days to you all... And don't be a stranger. ;o) ((HUGS))

Beverly said...

What a fun Halloween they had! Don't all girls love Star Wars?! ;-) Your grandbabies are getting so big. Of course, you are the world's best grandmother. You do have a trophy, don't you?

Did Timmy trick-or-treat this year?

Nola @ the Alamo said...

Great photos of Mackenzie and Jack painting their pumpkins! Those are some great pumpkins, remind me of Peter Maxx art, full of color.

Diane@A Picture is Worth.... said...

Love the photos..looks like you all had lots of fun!
:) Diand

jeanne said...

Dawn, this post is too adorable of your grandchildren. My girls always loved boys things better than girl things. They never liked dolls. Nothing like me. I was the most girlie girl ever. The costumes are great and I can't believe how little Jack has grown. It is a sight to see them decorating their pumpkins. I too am glad I did not have to clean up that mess. HA! Great pumpkins. I know you loved the fun they had.

Have a happy day and thank you for posting.

Love xoxo, Jeanne

Shelia said...

DAWN!!! You're back! I've missed you! I like your new blog dress and look at those grands! How precious - they all have their little personalities, don't they?
Tim's picture is so good, Dawn, he looks just like you! :)
Did you know I'm going to be a grandmother! We're so excited! Our daughter is having a baby and the baby (she doesn't want to know what sex) is due in March! This will be our first!
Thanks for popping in to see me.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Lorrie said...

What fun you had with Mackenzie and Jack! He was certainly into his pumpkin painting--literally! I agree with you--I'm glad you didn't have to clean him up!

Cottage Rose said...

OH Dawn; How cute they all are.. Love her in Darth Vader,,, and Jack is really getting into his painting... those photos are just priceless... have a great week...

Hugs;
Alaura

SmilingSally said...

Oh my! I wouldn't want to clean up that mess! I guess it's a good thing YOU teach kindergarten.

Take a picture of that coffee mug and share it next Monday on Blue Monday.