Sunday, November 08, 2009

Tim

Ok I know if you are reading this you happened by thinking I wonder if she will EVER UPDATE her blog. I've gotten all the hints...subtle and not so subtle LOL!

Tim just got his school picture back last week and this is Tim at 11 years old. It's his first "official" photo with his braces. He is getting so tall. He's about three inches shorter than I am. Before I know it he will be taller than I am!!

He LOVES, LOVES, LOVES fifth grade and his teacher. A few weeks ago he told me that just for one year he's like to have a teacher that he doesn't like very much, that way on the last day of school his heart won't be broken! He's always sad on the last day. He doesn't like saying good bye to his teacher.

Next year he heads off to the middle school. Luckily it is next door to the elementary school and he won't be too far away from me :) He is hoping to "help" in my class next year after school since middle school gets out an hour earlier than the elementary school. He is growing up too fast!

take care,
Dawn

7 comments:

Debi said...

Oh my gosh, that bit about wishing he didn't like his teachers so much just made me melt! What an absolute sweetheart your little (or not so little!) guy is!

And Dawn...thanks for checking in...I've missed you!!!

Darlene said...

He is quite the handsome guy! They do grow up so quickly! I know what you mean about the teachers. Lexi has always loved each and every one of hers. They rotate classes this year and there are a couple she doesn't like as much....how shocking!!!

Neabear said...

Yay! A post from you. I was one of those wondering if you were going to update soon. I am so glad you did. Now I know you are okay. Just busy is all. Great picture of Tim. Can't believe how he is growing up. You have a great kid there!

Hugs,
~Linnea

Beverly said...

Hints? What hints?! You know I love you. I had to pick myself up off of the floor. I was down for the count. I'd fallen, and I couldn't get up.

Timmy is so cute, and he looks just like his mother. I guess that means that you're cute, too.♥

Lorrie said...

Hi Dawn, thank you so much for your kind words and prayers, they are so appreciated. I'll be posting a bit more about my mom when I know more.

Tim is growing into such a "young man." I'm so glad that he's loving fifth grade and his teacher. It's fun for the kids to be the oldest in the school for a year before venturing off to middle school. Glad for you both that it's right next door.

Sally said...

Hi Dawn, Tim is growing into such a nice young man. I'm glad to see you posting again. I've missed you.

jeanne said...

Dawn, you may not believe this but I said to myself, "I am going to visit Dawn today and tell her I miss my visits to her blog." Actually I scrolled down to this post because I saw Tim's handsome little face. He looks very good looking even with his braces. I think it is sweet that he loves his teachers so much. I think it is better than not liking them.

I have been gone for the past 10 days visiting our daughter in Jacksonville, Fl. It was a great visit.

I'm checking out your Halloween post now.

It is great to see you posting Dawn.

Hugs, Jeanne