Saturday, September 13, 2008

My deal of the day!


Last night I did my grocery shopping and while I was in the aisle with the plastic storage containers (*SMILE*) I notice that box fans were on sale for 75% off. I bought two. They were five dollars each. I thought I would keep them for JUST IN CASE but ended up giving one to my mother and one to my daughter. I still have one I bought a couple of years ago in the box down in my basement. I might go back and look and see if there are more.


About 26 years ago I lived in a "four plex" I don't know the technical name but it was one building with four apartments. I am such a light sleeper that all the noised from the other apartments would wake me up!! I could be woken up by a cabinet door closing.


I started sleeping with a fan on and have done so every night since! I even told my husband before we got married that there would be NO compromising on that! I need my fan.


I am glad that the first week of kindergarten is over! I can't begin to tell you how tired I am. The kids were just fine, but they have never been in public school before and they have to learn everything. It takes a lot of time to get them down pat.


Today I have to go to the dentist for a cleaning. Not exactly how I want to spend my Saturday but it will have to do. Tim was invited to a friend's house so I just may go to the big "city" (not really but to me it is!) and get some party decorations for his birthday party next Saturday.


take care,
Dawn

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dawn, you were on the container isle??? Smart girl, the fans were a terrific buy. When we lived in our RV for two years we used a fan for the same reason. I have finally been able to break the habit.

One school week down, lets not count the rest. There is always a period of adjustment for any change. How do you like your class this year?

I am worried about hurricane Ike. I hope it isn't too bad.

Have a great weekend.

Hugs...Jeanne

Darlene said...

Morning Dawn,

You are just too funny with your container habit!! Great buys on those fans....you never know when you might need them.

We all sleep with "sound" machines in this house. I too am an extremely light sleeper and that seems to be the buffer I need to get a decent night's sleep. I also occasionally turn on the vent fan in the bathroom (if we have company or anything). I'm telling you I hear every little noise..argh

I'm glad, for your sake, that the first week is over. I would guess it is the hardest with those little ones. Try to get some rest this weekend so you can rev back up for next week.

Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

You sound like me... my husband says I buy things just because it's on sale! I sleep with a fan on every night too. Which the hubby hates. I could be in a deep sleep & if he turns it off... I will wake up. But I don't do it for the noise, I just like it. I guess there's something about a little chill in the room & being able to snuggle under the covers.

How is your walking coming along? :) Are you hitting your mark? xoxo, Joanna

Anonymous said...

Good morning, my friend. I'm glad you survived week one.

You are a number one shopper, and how sweet to share with your mother and Brittainy.

Enjoy your weekend.

SmilingSally said...

Let's see...you SAVED money by buying two fans which you GAVE away??? Huh?

Happy Pink Saturday! You ARE tired.

Anonymous said...

As a former teacher, I know love you have for containers. My problem is that I am really bad about putting the stuff BACK into the containers!
Hope your dentist will check his backroom for "denture castoffs!--bet he (she) has one or two! You will have so much fun slipping them in with your Fall Decor!

Happy weekend! Dana

Kim's Treasures said...

Hi Dawn! Hope you get some good rest this weekend! The first month for kindergarten and first graders is so hard on them! A lot to adjust to!

Miss Rhea said...

Can never have enough fans in the desert where I live. :) I hope the dentist was gentle and nice today. :) That is on my list of least favorite places to visit !! lol !!

Nola said...

Oh, Dawn, me too; I can't sleep without the noise of my fans! I sleep with both the ceiling fan and an oscillating fan, even in the winter! Not only is the white noise wonderful, but I love the feel of air in my face.

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Dawn, That was a great deal! And you know I LOVE a bargain! LOL! My roommate in college used a fan to sleep with too! In the winter, she would turn it to the wall, so it wouldn't blow cold air on her! LOL! My husband has to have the TV on real low each night and we set it on timer so it will go off after we are asleep! That was REAL hard for me to get use to!

Hope you are having a great weekend so far! ~Rhonda :)

Unknown said...

Hi Dawn,
My husband and I both love to have a fan year around. It does get cool in the winter...but we need the noise!

You got a great deal on those fans!

I'm so glad that your first week is behind you. It is an adjustment...and I'm still trying to get used to being somewhere that early in the morning.

Kindergarten is a wonderful age to teach...it's like watching a butterfly emerge from a cocoon. They learn so much and so fast!

Hope you have a great week!
diane

Anonymous said...

I, too, must have a fan when I sleep. My husband hated it when we first got together, and now he can't sleep without one either.

Congrats on a first week of school done. I know the feeling! :-)