Friday, January 16, 2009

Tagged and an Apology!

Sally at Smiling Sally tagged me. (I even borrowed her tag picture )



1. Name five things in your purse.
  • photographs
  • gift cards
  • tide stick
  • nail clipper
  • Bed Bath and Beyond coupons


2. Name five things in your work room.

  • stapler
  • yarn
  • guitar
  • Nancy Nurse doll
  • I Love Lucy purse


3. Name five things you have always wanted to do.

  • play piano
  • kiss in the rain (*blush*)
  • have three children (that's not going to happen!)
  • tole painting
  • be a size 10!!!


4. Name five things your into.

  • knitting
  • computer
  • reading
  • sleeping ☺
  • friends


5. Pick five bloggers to do the tag

Jeanne at Backyard Neighbor

Darlene at Darlene's Days

Lorie at The View From My Door

Rhonda at Scooterblu's Whimsy

Diane at A Picture is Worth a 1,000 Words

I also wanted to let you all know that I am sorry I haven't been able to visit everyone. I have been so busy and tired I haven't had time!

Then, yesterday I came home from school in a snow storm. The driving had my heart racing! I just don't like driving in the snow. I couldn't get my car up the driveway. We have a nice steep hill! I parked at the bottom and had Tim get a snow shovel and we both shoveled the driveway. Where is dear hubby when you need him? The driveway is pretty long if you ask me. At least four cars could park one behind the other. I guess in the snow it feels even longer!!! Well, when I finally finished my back hurt and I slipped on the ice and landed on my backside. It hurts so much to sit!!!! I tried posting last night but I was too uncomfortable sitting at the computer. I hope you understand. I have to sit at a 7 hour meeting today too. UGH!

take care,
Dawn

15 comments:

Lorrie said...

Good morning Dawn! Thanks for the tag, this one looks fun. I'm so sorry about the snowstorm, the shoveling and your fall. From all of my years living in Albany, NY, I remember very well how sore you can get from shoveling and from falling on the ice. You need a day at home instead of a 7 hour meeting today!

Anonymous said...

How's your poor backside this morning? Did you find anyone to rub it for you? ;-)

What, you get a fun tag, and then you don't tag me? We're going to have to talk. Later gator.

Debi said...

Oh sweetie, what a rough day! Don't you dare worry about us...life tends to get in everyone's way from time to time. Hope the backside is feeling better today...a 7 hour meeting sounds bad enough without being in pain!

SmilingSally said...

Oh, poor baby. I do hope you've only bruised your back and not slipped a disk. Back aches are horrendous.

The tag is fun to do and to read. I'm glad you got to play.

What's "tole painting"?

kenzie said...

i hope you didn't break your butt bone!!

The Muse said...

no apologies needed...i hope you feel better quick and really happy that it was not much worse! :)

Kim's Treasures said...

Oh Dawn! I hope you're backside feels better soon!

It was fun getting to know you better! I love these posts!

Stay warm and rest your backside!
Kim

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Dawn
Oh dear Dawn I sure hope you are making it through your meeting today! I hope your back will be ok. Thats awful... Snow is so heavy and just so much work!! Is it almost spring?

I hope you are managing through sitting in the meeting today.

hope you have a relaxing weekend...I plan on doing that apart from finishing my "spring" cleaning thats been going on. I have been very busy at work too and tired at night!
I loved reading your tag.
Judi

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

(((Dawn)))
I'm so sorry you got hurt. I would imagine driving in snow is very scary and having to "deal" with it, seems like such a chore. You poor thing. I hope sometime today you'll be able to take a nice hot bath, sit on a cushion and just relax and heal.
Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Hi Dawn,
I hope your doing better soon. I don't like to drive in the snow either. Last Sunday I got stuck on a snow bank. I enjoyed reading your meme. Stay warm.

Anonymous said...

Dawn, I am so sorry you fell on the ice and snow. I can't even imagine shoveling snow. Last January I did clean off the cabin deck because our daughter and family were coming. It was hard work. I just made a pathway. That was enough for me.LOL.
I hope you are alright.

I accept the tag and I will have fun with it. I loved reading yours.

I know what you mean about posting comments and visiting. I too have had such a hard time getting to everyone lately. It is usually at night and then I am so tired. I'm trying to do better.

Hugs...Jeanne

Unknown said...

Hi Dawn,
Thanks for tagging me! I'll try to get this done in a day or two.

I understand about the visiting. I have not been doing too well in that department either.

Since I've not had to go to work, I don't think I manage my time quite as well. I'm finding that there is not enough hours in the day!

Anonymous said...

Oh What a "Bummer";) Hope now that your feeling better you will find this in good humor. I am so afraid to fall that I stay in mostly. Get better soon. Darrlaa

Darlene said...

Oh Dawn I hope you are feeling better after your fall. My knee and silly toe is still bothering me after the fall I took a while back! That is a fun tag and I'll post mine sometime this next week. Get some rest and feel better.♥

Anonymous said...

What a fun tag! Glad you made it home in the snowstorm safe and sound. We are SO ready for Spring to come around here. It has been a rough winter already, so I can totally relate.