Friday, July 04, 2008

Happy Fourth!




Happy Fourth of July!!!! I found this picture I took a couple of years ago and whipped up a little picture from a freebie digital kit from Lindsay Jane Designs.

What are your holiday traditions on the fourth? We are a very LOW key family. We usually cook out. I went to the public market last night and bought a sirloin steak that I am marinating with a rub waiting for grilling time! Oh, and we have to have corn on the cob as well! Last weekend we finally bought a new grill! Ours was nothing but rust inside, a combination of time and the salty air!

One of the other things we do is buy ICB root beer and drink it while we watch the Boston Pops on TV. Can you stand all the excitement!

I avoid any fireworks because the Fourth of July on Cape Cod is the busiest weekend of the year and the people are bumper to bumper. That's not my cup of tea! We can usually hear them but not see them. Every now and then the neighbors across the street put on a little fireworks display. We sit out on the front step and drink our diet root beer and watch the show.


I hope you are all enjoying the day.


take care,
Dawn

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy July Fourth. I think we are just about as exciting as you.

In fact, we are having steak and grilled corn-on-the-cob, too. But, we're also having asparagus and potato salad.

Today is kind of a sad day for me.

Unknown said...

Happy fourth to you. We are having a working fourth since Kelli and her family are going over to Chad's family's today.

I think we'll grill out if we are not too worn out from cutting grass.
Diane

Anonymous said...

Hi Dawn, I love the laid back way you celebrate the 4th of July. We are pretty much in the same mode. We grill burgers and brats, invite our family and sit back and hope it is clear enough to see the fireworks from town. A benefit of being high in the mountains.

The fireworks pic is so cool. My grands words. smile !Have fun today. Love ya, Jeanne.

Shirl said...

HI Dawn, thank you so much for stopping by, it's so nice to see you every week! I love your 4th post and it I love how you spend your holiday! We are laid back here too. Wow salt air, how lucky your are to have that, I miss it so much since leaving NJ. We love WV but miss the ocean. Beautiful fireworks pic!
Blessings, Shirl
Shirls Rose Cottage