For months when she came over my house she would come into my computer room and sit on my lap while I played I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas on a you tube video I found. When I found something like a Staples Easy button for her at Hallmark that played the song I immediately bought it for her. I don't know if Britt has put it away for her own sanity or not.
One day I was searching the Ravelry knitting site and found a pattern I knew I had to make for Mackenzie. Imagine my glee when I found a pattern to knit a pirate hippo. This hippo is going to be for her birthday in September. She will be turning three and having a pirate birthday party!**************
Yesterday my friend Diane at A Picture is Worth 1,000 Words gave me this award. I just met Diane a few weeks ago blogging and have been a frequent visitor to her blog every since I found it. I don't know if it is the bond of the "sisterhood" of teachers but I enjoy reading what she writes about and maybe I'm getting a peek into what retirement will be like when my day comes :) Thank you Diane. I am honored!!
The guidelines for giving and receiving this award are as follows:
1. Pick 5 blogs that you feel are deserving of the award.
2. Each award has to have the name of the author and also a link to his/her blog to be visited by everyone.
3. Each award winner has to show the award and put the name of the link to the blog that gave it to him/her.
4. The award winner and the one who has given the prize has to show the link of 'Arte y Pico' so that everyone knows the origin of this award.
5. Show these rules on the award page
The hard part now is to pick five blogs that I would like to pass this award onto. So, here goes.
1. The first person I would like to give this to is Debi. Debi is one of the first people I met in Blogging land several years ago. Her blog Nothing of Importance is anything but. She is a remarkable parent and one of the kindest people out there. Oh, if you are a big reader you will find a tremendous amount of information, challenges and reviews on her blog.
2. The next person is Brittainy. Not only do I find her blog entertaining and witty but since she is my daughter how can even think of passing her by. Go visit her at The Litany of Brittainy. She has never been at a loss for words...trust me I lived with her when she was a teenager LOL!
3. Another great blog to visit is Marianne's Lil Bits of Me. What I love about Marianne's blog is that she tells it like it is and I always leave her blog with a smile on my face. If you visit her blog be sure to check her recipe page. The Italian Chicken recipe is to die for!
4. A new blogging friend of mine is Alaura (isn't that such a pretty name!) You can visit Alaura at her blog Cottage Rose. I'm new to her blog but I will say that she is another very friendly, warm hearted person who shares bits of her life with us.
Thanks again Diane!!!