Monday, July 21, 2008

Yo Yo!!!

Donna of Donna's in the Attic is hosting a Yo-Yo Challenge. She is going to post today what that challenge is. I am excited with anticipation. The other day I went out and bought some fabric, a yo-yo maker, thread and needles. I went to the local Jo Ann Fabrics only to find they did not have a large size yo-yo maker. I called A. C. Moore and they didn't have any either. I ended up buying the small size and ordered the large on line. I don't know how long it is going to take to get to me. I hope not too long. I don't want to miss out on the fun.

Here's the fabric I bought. I am a fan of green!


I know the yo-yo maker I bought is the small one. I didn't realize how small until I made a sample yo-yo to see how it would turn out. The small yo-yo is about the size of a quarter.


If you are interested check out Donna's blog to see what it is all about.

take care,
Dawn

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dawn, I have never heard of a yoyo maker until Donna posted it. I just cut out circles and sewed. Beverly is sending me one as there is no shopping here for such things. I hope I can find time to sew this week.
I love your green fabric.

Love, Jeanne

Anonymous said...

There you go showing off again. Do you have yo-yo's for me? ;-)

I can't wait to learn what Donna's challenge is. Today is the big day.

I didn't buy fabric and thread yet.

Unknown said...

I never heard of one either. When I first saw your post I thought you were going to be writing about your son and yoyo's!

Unless Walmart has it, I'll have to get mine out of town too!

I'm going on over to check out her site.
Have a great day,
Diane

Anonymous said...

Morning Dawn. That is such a small yo yo! You must have great eyes to make one so small! lol
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Kim's Treasures said...

Hi Dawn~I am doing the yo-yo challenge too! I will have to post my fabrics...yours are very pretty!
Have a great day!
Kim

vintage girl at heart said...

Oh I have made some "wappy jawed" yo's yo's in my day and never realized that a yo yo maker existed!!!! I may have to order one myself!!
I love your sweet little one!!!
This looks like a fun swap!!
I will have to go and check it out!!
Enjoy the next half of summer break!!

Anonymous said...

I just picked up the yo-yo circles too. Mine aren't perfect yet but I'm getting there.

Kim's Treasures said...

Hi Dawn! Thanks for stopping by my blog today and for the sweet comments! I started my yo-yo's and I think I will embellish something with them. They sure are fun and easy to make!
Have a great day!
Kim