Friday, March 17, 2006

Happy St. Patrick's Day



Happy St. Patrick's Day!! I have always loved St. Patrick's Day. As a child we really never did anything special, but for some reason I get excited over it. I know that my great great grandmother, Mary Doyle came to Cape Cod from Ireland. I don't know much about her except for that. I guess I just love any reason to celebrate! I remember years ago I changed my answering machine message to say, " May the road rise up to meet you. May the wind be at your back. May I be here next time you have the urge to call me back. And as I can't come to the phone, I'll state the same 'tis old. After the beep leave your message and name any may you find your pot of gold!" Ok, I'm no poet but I enjoyed it!

Today I am trying my hand at making my first corned beef and cabbage. I'm also cooking this in my crockpot since I will be in school all day. I like it but my husband, son and daughter do not! I will be enjoying it with my mother and son-in-law. The traitors will be eating pizza!

My kindergarten class will be enjoying snack of green eggs and ham today. I think some of the kids are just a bit nervous at the thought of green eggs.

take care,
Dawn

2 comments:

Debi said...

Dawn, that message you had on your answering machine was truly fabulous! I'll bet you made the day for a lot of people!
Every year, I say I'm going to make corned beef and cabbage...and every year it seems something gets in the way. This year, my daughter and I have eye doctor appointments, so the family will probably end up eating out (o.k., so I'm not going to complain about that!). Maybe next year. Can't wait to hear how yours turned out! Happy St. Patty's Day!

Anonymous said...

Dawn, you're such a clever lassie. Happy St. Patrick's Day.