Tuesday, June 24, 2008

SMART Board





School has only been out for a handful of days but I am heading back today for a workshop. Today is SMART Board training. I used a SMART Board a couple of times just going on the guidance of a fellow teacher. I missed the training they had last winter because I was so sick that day. I am hoping to get a Smart Board in my classroom this fall and I want to be able to use it and use it well with my class. I'll only be in school for a couple of hours today then I'll be back for the day on Thursday.

I didn't know what a SMART Board was until a few months ago. For those of you who don't know I copied this from the web:

People choose the SMART Board interactive whiteboard because it helps energize presentations and motivate learners. In 1991, it was the world's first interactive whiteboard. Today, it is the world's leading interactive whiteboard. Combining the simplicity of a whiteboard with the power of a computer, the SMART Board interactive whiteboard engages students and audiences around the world.
The touch-sensitive display connects to your computer and digital projector to show your computer image. You can then control computer applications directly from the display, write notes in digital ink and save your work to share later.
Best of all, the full-featured SMART Board interactive whiteboard is incredibly easy to use. If you can use a computer, you can use a SMART Board interactive whiteboard.


I did do a couple of activities with my class this month. Some went over well, some were duds!I'm excited to see what new things I'll learn tomorrow.


take care,
Dawn



4 comments:

Unknown said...

You are going to love the Smart Board. We had 2 Promethean Boards at our school and we had to sign up to take our class. I used it at least once a week! The kids love it.

How wonderful to have one in your own room!!!

Enjoy your workshop....that is one thing I miss about teaching...the workshops and learning new stuff. Now that I'm retired, if I go I have to pay myself...and that can be expensive!

Anonymous said...

Have fun, Dawn. And, get smart.

Oh no, did I just say that?!

;-)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Debi said...

Hmmm...sounds really cool! (But I'm sorry you have to go "have school" while "school's out"!)