Sunday, November 02, 2008

The costume, the clone, the candy!

Tim wanted to be a Clone Trooper from Star Wars this year for Halloween. I really didn't want to go out and spend ALL that money for a costume. He got the Clone Trooper helmet for her birthday in September so I figured we could make the costume. It doesn't get any easier than this. I bought a white sweatshirt and white sweatpants and gave Tim a paint brush and some paint. He drew what the Clone Trooper costume should look like and then painted over his pencil drawings. He can wear this now for bed. :) I am certainly not sending a 10 year old boy out in white sweatpants. They will never be the same again!!



I'm sure on a cold winter's day Tim will be happy to wear this again!!
Last year we had NO trick or treaters come to our house. Half of the houses in our neighborhood are summer homes. The rest are older couples and retired people! This year we had a total of THREE trick or treaters and an abundance of candy left over. Rich and Tim are sneaking into it so much so that already little is left. I bagged what was there up and brought it to Brittainy's (with a small stash I hid for Mackenzie when she comes over!).

I guess it's time to start taking the Halloween decorations down....well maybe in a few days.
take care,
Dawn

11 comments:

Lorrie said...

Hi Dawn--I love Tim's costume! It reminds my of my own homemade costumes as a child--most costumes were homemade then. I had four brothers and sisters and I think my mom made all our costumes. I also made costumes for my own kids when they were small, so I have lots of fun memories that way.

SmilingSally said...

Great costume idea.

I leave my decorations up since they're all fall--not Halloween. I did get out my one turkey, though.

Darlene said...

His costume turned out great!!! I know he had a fun time!

Unknown said...

Hi Dawn,
Tim has a great costume! I had more trick or treaters than usual too...I'm trying to figure out why? Is it because it was a Friday night, or does it say something about our country? There were so many families out together. Oh well...maybe I'm getting to deep here!
LOL
Diane

Anonymous said...

May the force be with you. Tim is awesome.

No more candy. You're sweet enough. And, Rich is definitely "too sweet".

Nola said...

How clever, Tim's costume is so neat, and best of all, he can use it as jammies now! Our halloween candy is disappearing to....but i'm finding a lot of it.....on my butt!

Deb said...

Hi Dawn
I've been catching up on some missed posts and just read about your dear Dad and that his nickname was Tex! That's my husbands nickname (because of his love of country and western music -he always danced in his crib when Tex Ritter sang on the radio when he was a baby) :-) I've never heard of anyone else having the nickname either.

Kim's Treasures said...

Great costume! For many years we used sweatsuits for costumes!

Anonymous said...

Hello Dawn, It is Sunday evening and we just arrived home.. We had a fun weekend and the gators won their game. Boy, do I have lots of catching up to do. sigh. I stayed home with my daughter and the boys went to the game. We were happy to watch the game on TV.

I love Tim's costume he did a great job on it. We did a fair job of eating Halloween candy too. I am over it.LOL. Only three trick or treaters is not much. Did Tim go outside of his neighborhood to trick or treat?

Gotta go to bed soon. What a long trip. sigh.

Love, Jeanne

Debi said...

Tim's costume is absolutely brilliant!

We had one trick-or-treater here. I'm putting a bunch of our leftover candy in my parents Advent countdown thingie. I sure don't need to be eating it...but undoubtedly will sneak some of it.

Anonymous said...

His costume is very creative! Looks like he was having a fun time in it, too. Your candy bowl reminds me our ours. Candy doesn't stay in it very long, thats for sure!