Wednesday, November 12, 2008

How I spent my day off.

Because it was Veteran's day yesterday we had no school. I got to sleep in a little bit. Ah, I love sleeping past 5:40 (my time to get up for school). A little later in the morning Brittainy and the kids came over. I made a late breakfast for us and we got to spend the day together. To give Britt a hand I helped get Mackenzie out of her car seat. In doing so, I really hurt my shoulder.

Mackenzie was wearing her "I love my solider My uncle" T-shirt. I thought that was a very appropriate attire for Veteran's Day.
Mackenzie's Uncle Matt is in the service. Matt is Jay's brother. I met him about three years ago when they came to the Cape for a visit. My most heartfelt thank yous are extended to all of those who have served in the military! THANK YOU!
In case you can't tell, Jack's bib says I'm full of B.S. (Big Smiles) Yes he is. I love his smile.

Last week I got the Bananagram game from my friend Ingrid. Britt and I played it today. Boy, is she competitive!!! We had a few practice games before we played. I will admit that she won....but it was close. Mackenzie really wanted to play. When Britt and I finished, she and Tim played a game. I heard Mackenzie call out Banana a couple of times. It was very cute!


take care,
Dawn

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you're feeling better this morning. Did you need to enlist Rich to help you get dressed?

I'm not familiar with this game. Please tell me more.

Unknown said...

What could be better? Visiting with your daughter and seeing your two adorable grandchildren!

Hope your shoulder is okay! I've done lots of stuff like that. All it takes is one wrong move!
Have a great day,
Diane

Anonymous said...

Good morning Dawn
Oh dear I sure hope your shoulder is better. That isn't a good thing to do. Those little ones get heavy and before we know it....

What a nice day you had! I have to look into that game. I'm not familiar with it at all but it looks like it would be fun.

Your grandchildren are adorable and its so nice that you have your daughter living close so you can visit as you do. Thats so nice that MacKenzie had that shirt to wear too.

Have a good day today Dawn. I sure hope you get your package soon...darn mail service...
Judi

Darlene said...

Morning Dawn,

It is great to have a day off in the week isn't it. Our area had school yesterday but they did a tribute assembly in the morning.

I do hope your shoulder feels better....it is crazy the older we get the easier it is to just turn or twist a tad bit wrong and OUCH pulled something or hurt something :(

SmilingSally said...

You said that you hurt yourself, but you didn't give any details. I hope that rest and ibuprofen will take care of your shoulder. At this time of year, you sure don't need extra problems.

Neabear said...

It is these holidays that make me miss the days when I worked for the school district. I work most holidays now. Medicare does not take any holidays and patients still need to be seen for therapy. Oh well. But on the good side, I get double pay when I do work a holiday. Veteran's Day was not one of those allowed holidays however, so it was just a normal day for us therapist's. Sounds like you a great day with your grandchildren. I envy you living close to your grandchildren.

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

What a great day you must have had. I admit, I'm just catching up with posts as I've been down with a Migraine since Saturday night. grrr.
Glad it was a good day and that you got to sleep in.

Anonymous said...

Good morning Dawn, just came home from the Dr. about my knee. He was pleased with my progress and now I have just two more weeks of therapy. Yeah!

It was nice to hear about your day with your grands and Britt. Their t-shirts are so cute. I haven't played the banana game yet. It looks like a form of scrabble.

You know I did not vote for Obama, but like it or not he is our next president. We need to give him a chance. I hope no one was annoyed by my post. I think this shows us his human side. Now we just wait and see.

Hugs...Jeanne

Anonymous said...

Dawn, I hope your shoulder is alright. If it persists you need to see an orthopedic doctor. Like you don't know that!!!! That is the mom in me, sorry. LOL.

Love...Jeanne

Anonymous said...

Oh, Dawn, I'm so sorry you hurt your shoulder! I hope it's better soon.
Those grandchildren are just adorable. I especially like the little one filled with BS!!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Cottage Rose said...

Hey Dawn; Hope your shoulder is doing ok,and that you are not in any pain. Sounds like you all had a great day together, I so love those kind of days.

Have a great week.

Hugs;
Alaura

Nola said...

How does that work? Looks kinda like scrabble.
Hope your shoulder is better!

Debi said...

Sounds like a wonderful day!
Never heard of Bananagram, but it sure looks like fun. Might have to look for it for Annie for Christmas.