Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A tag and an award!

Rechelle of Walnuthaven Cottage passed this book tag along to me.

Here are the rules:
Pass this on to 5 blogging friends.

Open the closest book to you, not your favorite or most intellectual book, but the book closest to you at the moment, to page 56.
Write out the 5th sentence, as well as two to five sentences following that..

I have a book on my coffee table that I bought about a month ago. I still haven't read it, but it's on my list of books to read. It's called Devil Bones by Kathy Reichs. The TV show Bones is based on this person who is in real life forensic anthropologist. I love the show and wanted to read one of her books. Before I do read it I am wondering if I should start with her first book and work my way up to this one.

Anyway, here goes.

The waiter arrived with our food. When he'd gone, I changed direction.
"Tell me about work."
"Shoot me in the head dull."
"So you've said."
"I'm a glorified secretary....."

If you would like to play along please do.

Rechelle also passed this award on to me. I met Rechelle in blog land this summer and I visit her blog just about every day. The first post I remember reading of hers was the scrapping and cleaning of her kitchen hardware. She put so much effort into that. She's shared pictures of her remodeled kitchen and it was all worth it. (Easy for me to say...I would have just gone out and bought new ones!)


I would like to pass this onto ALL of my blogging friends who stop by often to read about my boring little life.

Thank you all. I look forward to seeing you each day.

take care,
Dawn

13 comments:

Tracy said...

Congrats on your award, Dawn and this fun tag! :o) Your life is not boring...no life is every boring! :o) Happy Day, my friend ((HUGS))

Lorrie said...

Hi Dawn, Devil Bones sounds interesting. I need to put it on my list of books to reserve at the library.

I hope that you're almost ready for Thanksgiving at your house!

Anonymous said...

Good morning Dawn. I haven't heard about that author but it sure sounds interesting. I have to make a correction, you do not have a boring life. I see your life as full of fun experiences and the love of your children and grandchildren. That is what makes life worthwhile. Your life's stories are what keeps your blogging friends coming back for more.

Hugs...Jeanne

Anonymous said...

Boring - you definitely are not. I could list a few other things you definitely are not, but I will refrain. ;-)

Thanks for the award.

Unknown said...

Hi Dawn,
Congratulations on the award. Sound like a fun tag.

Your life is not boring at least to me. I have been surprised myself that anyone would want to check in regularly to see what I'm up to.

I'll give Rechelle a visit!

Have a great day,
Diane

SmilingSally said...

I already did this meme and loved it! Your book sounds cute, and "Shoot me in the head dull" may have influenced you to falsely state that you had a boring life. LOL Now, I'm an analyst!

Nola said...

You KNOW I love those tags and memes! I'll copy it and post it after Thanksgiving.
I like Bones, too. I didn't know it was based on an actual person, and didn't know of the books. Maybe I can find them at the library. We didn't watch the show when it first began, it must have been on opposite something else we liked. We started watching it in reruns, and now I'm trying to watch all the old episodes I can find. I love quirky personalities like that!

Darlene said...

Hi Dawn,

Congratulations on your awards!! I bet that book will be good!

Anonymous said...

Hi there Dawn
Another award for you...congratulations. Thank you I will pick it up and take it to my blog too. Nice. :o)

Thank you for sharing your book tag with us too. I hope you'll enjoy that book.

have a nice day
Judi

Cottage Rose said...

Hey Dawn; Congratulations on your award... you of all people deserve it. Thanks for the visit, I love hearing from you. And dear friend you are not a dull Lady, you have such wonderful Posts about your life and family. Your book sounds interesting, my daughter Chas loves those kinds of books I will have to tell her about this one..
have a great week and Happy Thanksgiving.

Hugs;
Alaura

Lorrie said...

Just dropped by to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving Dawn. Have a great day with your family!

Debi said...

Oh, your blog is definitely full of "bloggy goodness"! Visiting you each day is one of my favorite things to do!

Anonymous said...

What a cute award! Congrats!