Sunday, November 23, 2008

Thanksgiving

Today I am just sharing a couple of decorations in my home. The first picture in the collage is just a basket with leaves that I didn't know what to do with. I used to have a wooden Thanksgiving day set and one of the pieces broke so I just put the Pilgrim and Native American in front of it. The next picture is a candle that a student gave me last year. I took the "insides" out and replaced them with a fake plants from JoAnn Fabrics. Years ago I bought the rustic looking candle holder at a home party (I don't remember the company name.). The wooden pumpkin was given to me by a friend. It belonged to her best friend (who I also knew) who passed away several years ago at the age of 39 after loosing a battle with brain cancer. It's a special addition to my holiday decorations. I'll always remember her! The last picture is just a little platter, candle holders and salt and pepper shakers.

take care,
Dawn

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, aren't you a smartie this morning with your pretty collage. Really, it looks fantastic.

I'm cold, and I sure would like some warm cranberry bread. ;-)

SmilingSally said...

I like your autumn decorations. I wish I knew how to make a collage.

Debi said...

How pretty! I'll bet your home is absolutely lovely and comfy and cozy and inviting!!!

Anonymous said...

Good morning Dawn, I love your festive Fall pics. Your presentation is something I would love to learn to do. Beverly, where are you??? I think she is resting after that 'shower to kill' is over. Smile

Happy Sunday Dawn.

Love...Jeanne

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Dawn
I "just" love all your justas..*s*..*hugs*. They are beautiful. What a great thing to do with the coloured leaves. The turkey platter and salt and pepper shakers are sooo lovely. The wooden pumpkin is very special and I've never seen one like that. I realy like the black rustic candle holder too. Everything is sooo Thanksgivingy. Thank you for sharing.
have a lovely Sunday.
Judi

Madam Zelda E said...

Your home is beautiful. You are so creative.
Hope you and your family have a Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving.
XOXOXO
Angie

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

Such great Autumn decorations. I like what you've done :0). That pumpkin must be so special. The fall "foliage" in the glass cylinder look great like that! I may have to steal that idea :0)
Be sure to come over. I've got a little something for you.

Nola said...

Looks like you are ready for Turkey Day; bring on the dressing and cranberry sauce!

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Hi Dawn, Great decorations for Thanksgiving! I love the pumpkin candle holder.

If I don't "talk" to you before, I hope you have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving! ~hugs, Rhonda :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Dawn!
Thanks for your Autumnal Share--and for telling us about each of them.
Hope you had a great weekend---at least it's a short week at school!!! Dana

Kim's Treasures said...

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family!!!

Kim

Nikki Mo said...

HAVE A AWESOME TURKEY DAY DAWN..

MONIQUE :-)