Saturday, April 01, 2006

Wr--Wro--Wron--Wrong



I don't know what it is about that word, but it just doesn't come out of my mouth easily (or often!). I pride myself on the fact that I very RARELY make a mistake LOL!

When I was a teenager I had a poster on my door that really bugged my mother. It simply said, "Those of you who think you know everything are annoying to those of us who do." Just a few weeks ago I made a "mistake" and my dear husband was so excited that he raced to the phone to call my mother and let it know that it had happened. Though I couldn't hear what she said to him, I am sure it must have mimicked his look of glee and laughing!

I have a friend (Hi Ingrid!) who shares this same affliction with me. That word doesn't come out of her mouth easily either. Maybe that's why we are such good friends :) It was time this week to share my badge of honor. This pin that I have proudly displayed for years has now found a new home with Ingrid. Long Live Perfection!!

take care,
Dawn

5 comments:

Debi said...

Oh come on, Dawn! You now must spill it...what were you WRONG about?

Anonymous said...

I remember you and Ingrid both saying you had been wrong once, but it is hard for me to accept.

I like the "you are always right" Dawn and Ingrid.

Please keep up the "right". You don't want to disillusion me now, do you?

marianne said...

heh, heh, heh - I used to have a sign like your poster in my office. Supreme self-confidence, right?? ;)

I'm with Debi - spill it, what caused this crack in your perfection??

Dawn said...

If you really want to know I'll tell you. But mind you, these mistakes are far and few between.

I thought that Mark Harmon (not Mark Hamill) was in Star Wars. I had to google it and then confess to Rich that I was Wr..wr...well you get the picture!

take care,
Dawn

ingrid said...

Oh Dawn, thank you sooo much for sharing the badge of honor with me :) Us "right girls" have to stick together!
Sorry for the late post, I haven't been reading blogs for a while now - between the hecticness of work & all the dentist stuff :(

Anyway, I just LOVE the badge and it's hanging on the wall behind my computer - I display it proudly!ide :)