Thursday, December 11, 2008

Cleaning and scrubbing can't wait til tomorrow, cuz my house is a mess much to my sorrow!

I took the day off from school yesterday to get caught up with things around my house. It seems that MOST of my day was spent cleaning! I steam cleaned my bathroom and kitchen. I love my little steam machine. I borrowed Britt's last summer and liked it so much I had to go get one for myself! I had such grand plans of getting things done yesterday and I never finished my list.

I have a room that is my computer/scrapbook room. It is my collect all room. When I pick up around the house EVERYTHING goes in there. I really wanted to get that organized yesterday and I didn't get it to. I also wanted to start wrapping gifts but never got to that either. My goal is now to spend one hour a day after school down in my basement (where everything is stashed) and wrap a little at a time.

While on the topic of gifts, I have kept a composition book that I write down everything I get people for Christmas. It helps me from duplicating year after year. I have this year's up to date and now I need to make a to do list for what is left.

Brittainy and I play a word game when we don't want little ones to know what we are talking about, so I am going to try it here and see if you know what I mean. I still have to make a list of festive hosiery fillings. (I don't like to spill the beans in print! I am hoping you know what I'm talking about!) I like having my notebook to refer to for this task. I get ideas from years past :) I have many to purchase fillings for! :) :)

How are all of you coming along with your holiday to do list?

Take care,
Dawn

10 comments:

Darlene said...

I still need to get that same stuff!!! I have done quite a bit of wrapping though. It can't go under the tree cause the kitten & Lucy would have it torn up....so presents are living elsewhere in the house......

Unknown said...

It's SLOW around here! Sounds like you got lots done yesterday.

I'm home today because of predicted snow...5 inches...and they closed school. LOL

Connor is coming over :)

Diane

Anonymous said...

You clever girl, you. Are you certain they don't have your number? ;-)

I need to take off a day to work on Christmas cards.

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Hi Dawn, That hosiery "stuff" is about all I lack too! LOL! Kevin and I used to just spell everthing out...or at least the key words when Ashley was young. One day we we were spelling, and she replied, I can spell now you know! LOL! That shut down all conversation! LOL! Sounds like you got a lot done! :) ~hugs, Rhonda

Anonymous said...

Dawn, I'm breathless. I have run out of time for so many things. Today we are going to Raleigh for 4 days so my visits will be slow to say the least. I wish I had a room to throw everything in. My laundry room is good for that but not big enough. LOL.

No more time. I am glad you enjoyed the store. My text is all out of whack because typepad changed everything I do. I am so messed up and I can't figure it out. A pox on typepad!!!! Help Beverly!!!

Christmas love, Jeanne

SmilingSally said...

You are too cute!

I no longer do the filling of the foot coverings.

I completed my search for perfection exchanges yesterday.

Today I need to surround things I purchased with paper.

Lorrie said...

Hi Dawn, I love the "festive hosiery fillings!" Sounds like you did get quite a bit done on your list too. Your salt dough ornaments from yesterday are just fabulous. I wish I had that kind of talent too.

Stella is going to be traveling for a year from one blogger to another and she will return to Lindsay in England next December!

Nola said...

I love the "festive hosiery fillings!" That's just too cute! I can't muster the energy, but my house needs a thorough "going over", too.

Neabear said...

I am off today because our caseload is low. Not enough people falling and breaking hips and that sort of thing. Too bad our business depends on people needing therapy for broken hips, strokes and that kind of thing. Anyway, us therapists take turns taking an unpaid day off. Today is mine. Plus I am taking a paid holiday off on Monday. We get to take a paid day off for our birthday. So Monday is my choice for that. yippee a 4 day weekend. That is very rare for me.

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

Hi Dawn,I want to ask you about your steam machine. Where did Brittany get it and what brand name is it ? And how much did it cost ? My email is on my blog if you want to email me the answers.I have been wanting one of those .