Saturday, December 20, 2008

Stockings and Snow!

I finished Jack's stocking Thursday night. I have a dear friend that owns an embroidery shop and she put Jack's name on the stocking for me.


When Mackenzie was born I made stockings for Britt, Jay and Mackenzie and my same dear friend embroidered the names on the stockings for me.




I have made all the stockings for all my family members. These are much older ones. We use these for Rich, Tim, myself and my mother!!


While on the topic of stockings. Every year I buy stockings for the children in my class and they decorate them to hang over the "fireplace" in hopes that Mrs. King Claus will fill them. Yes, I fill a stocking for every child in my class. Every year I put a book, snowman soup and reindeer food. This year they are also getting a 24 count box of crayons, a mini stapler, (thanks to the great sales this summer!) a fun book (coloring activities), chocolate Santa's (the mini ones), candy canes, chocolate bells, a beanie baby, coloring pages and if I get to the store in time a clementine!


We had snow last night and around 7:00 I opened my front door and took this picture. I love the snow!!! It just puts you in the spirit.


Since we were in the spirit last night we watched Rich's favorite Christmas movie, A Christmas Story and enjoyed a big bowl of popcorn!

UPDATE:
This is what I woke up to this morning. Isn't it pretty. Oh, how I hope it stays until Christmas.

The "unofficial" measurement on the table on my deck says 8 inches of snow fell last night. Tim and Rich just had breakfast and they are headed out to shovel the driveway!



take care,
Dawn

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dawn, you are the best of the best. The best mom, the best teacher, and a best friend. The world is more special because of you.

It looks like winter wonderland at your house.

Darlene said...

Dawn,
You would be the best teacher in the school to have. You do the best crafts and give the children some great things. You are just such a special and giving person!!!!

WOW 8 inches????? It is GORGEOUS! What a neat present at Christmas time.

SmilingSally said...

Oooo, snow. I'm glad you like it and have it--not for me. It IS pretty to look at, so thanks for the pictures.

I love your stocking pattern. It's a wonderful thing you do for your students.

Stay warm!

Anonymous said...

How great those family stockings look!! What lucky students to have YOU as their Mrs. King Claus!!
Your snowfall is just gorgeous! Whoa, 8"! What a wintry gift! Have a great weekend! L, Dana

Anonymous said...

Wow,wow,wow, The snow is stunningly beautiful. How wonderful to have a white Christmas. I hope it lasts too.

I adore all of your stockings Dawn. What an undertaking, sewing all those cuties. Your children in school are so lucky to have a wonderful caring teacher like you. I know your children and grandchildren love their stockings too. I made my grandchildren stockings too and I only took a photo of the first one I made. I should look through my photos. That will take all day. Why didn't I do scrapbooking. Smile. It's too late now, blogging is so time consuming.

I am so glad you liked my pink tree. since that photo last night I have moved some of the larger ornaments to the top. it was kind of out of balance.

Christmas love...Jeanne

Madam Zelda E said...

I wish I had a teacher like you when I was in school.
Your stockings are so cute.
Have a very Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

Dawn, You are so creative. I bet those little kids at school loved the stockings!

The last few years I taught, I bought stockings at the dollar store, and each parent sent a stocking stuffer for all the kids. I took the stuff home and my own kids helped me stuff them...my kids at school were so happy with all of those junky stocking stuffers! LOL

Have a great day,
Diane

Lorrie said...

Hi Dawn, I just love all your homemade Christmas stockings, each is so pretty. How wonderful that you fill a stocking for each child-I know they must really love it. You are a wonderful teacher!

Your snowfall looks just beautiful! Enjoy it.

Sondra Behne' said...

Hello Dawn
I live in Ma. and have all that snow too....only differance is I hate it. Lived here all my life and still hate it.

Wishing you and your loved ones a wonderful Holiday Season.

Sondra

Neabear said...

Wow!! You are a special teacher to do that for all your students. Wonderful! I am sure the kids think of you as someone special. I also love the stockings you made over the years. So nice. Have a very Merry Christmas!