Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Salt Dough Ornaments

Last year I went to a Christmas Bazaar at my school and bought some raffle tickets for a basket of salt dough ornaments. I was very pleased to learn that I won! There were 6 ornaments but I gave two away. I don't know if you can tell from the size of the picture but these are just made so wonderfully!! You can click on the picture for a larger version. I wish I had the talent to make some just like this. I'll be going to the bazaar again this Saturday. I sure hope the same woman is there and raffles off some more. I love her work!

take care,
Dawn

10 comments:

Darlene said...

I LOVE those kind of ornaments! I have quite a few of them myself....they are so cute and detailed! Hope you have a great hump day!

Anonymous said...

Dawn, these are so fantastic. And, you are so talented that you can do anything.

Tracy said...

Those are just beautiful...amazing how she makes the dough ornaments so much like porcelain! They are so cute. Hope you can get more! But as Beverly says, you are so clever, I'm sure you could whip up some of these yourself. ;o) This is a cheery post for mid-week...Happy Day ((HUGS))

SmilingSally said...

Those are the BEST examples of salt ornaments that I've seen. I'm so glad you won.

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

Boy she does a good job on them.I can get you the recipe for them if you want to make some. Just let me know.

Nola said...

I love those dough ornaments. I have some more, uh, "primitive" looking ones. They bring back so many memories!

Neabear said...

Those ornaments are adorable! They are so well made. No wonder you love her work. I would too. Actually I do love her work. So pretty.

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Someone made these??? WOW! I am so impressed! They are so cute and the detail is amazing! Thanks for sharing them! ~hugs, Rhonda :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Dawn. What precious little ornaments! You're a lucky gal winning these. I tried to make some of these little ornaments, but mine didn't turn out very well! lol
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Madam Zelda E said...

Oh My Gosh! Those are so cute.
Hope you have a great Christmas.