Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Turkey pie

I mentioned before that my daughter hosted Thanksgiving this year. One of my favorite parts of Thanksgiving is the leftovers. I surely wasn't going to go to her house and ask for all of her leftover food, so Friday I cooked a Thanksgiving dinner for us! We had a 21 pounder and I sent some to my mother and saved enough for a couple of sandwiches and my favorite....turkey pie! I still have two 20+ pound turkeys in my freezer for a later date.


Here's my no fail turkey pie (or chicken pie) recipe.

In the crock pot add:

left over turkey cut into bite sized pieces
two to three potatoes cut into bite sized pieces
two carrots cut into pieces
left over stuffing. I use about 1/4 to 1/2 cup
left over gravy (Home made is the best!!! but jar will work)
season to taste

Cook on low for about 4 hours. The turkey will be so tender and yummy.

Pour into a pie shell and cover. I use Pillsbury and just unroll it.

I guarantee you will not be disappointed!



take care,
Dawn

16 comments:

Lorrie said...

Turkey and chicke pie is a favorite around our house in the winter. It's a great way for us to use leftovers, and sometimes I cook chicken just to use it in the chicken pie--definitely a comfort food here!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Turkey pie looks delicious! I will have to be sure and try your recipe.

I found you from Diane's site, and I'm glad I did!

Thanks for sharing...

XO

Sheila

SmilingSally said...

lol I cooked a turkey breast this past Saturday so that Johnny and I could enjoy turkey LEFTOVER sandwiches. That's the only bad part about DIL cooking the Thanksgiving meal.

When I cooked it, I'd always give them leftovers, and she offers. But I cannot take food from an active household when I KNOW that they will eat it. So, I do my own thing.

Anonymous said...

Well, I certainly wouldn't be disappointed if a dear, sweet friend made one and delivered it to me. ;-)

Darlene said...

YUMMY...that looks absolutely delicious and easy too!! Thanks for sharing!

Kim's Treasures said...

Your turkey pie looks and sound sooo delicious!!! Thanks for sharing your recipe!!! Looks quick and easy!

Have a great day!
Kim

Neabear said...

This looks yummy. A great tummy filler I'm sure. Thanks for visiting me again. Have a good day!

Anonymous said...

Dawn, that does look so good. I have left over ham. I think I will make soup.

You are in the drawing for today. Good luck.

There is a correction for the glue for the candy dishes. It is E-6ooo.
This is so easy to do.

Hugs...Jeanne

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

That looks might tasty Dawn. When we fill the pie shell and cover, do we bake in the oven per pie crust directions?

Anonymous said...

MY GOODNESS,NOW,I'M HUNGRY.IT LOOKS SCRUMPTOUS...ANN

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Hi Dawn, 21 Pound Turkey...that's a big bird! LOL! The pot pie looks so yummy, I can almost taste it through the screen! :) ~Rhonda

Unknown said...

Dawn,
It looks delicious! Bet it is especially good on these cold winter nights!

Anonymous said...

Eveing, Dawn. I've already had my dinner, but I think I could eat some of this delicious looking turkey pie! Yum yum! Thanks for the visit. I just keep my dishes all over the place! Where ever I can stash them.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Cottage Rose said...

Hey Dawn; I usually don't like turkey pies, but yours looks and sounds really good. I think you have changed my mind. And hubby thanks you for that... he he.

have a great week.

Hugs;
Alaura

Nikki Mo said...

I LOVE TURKEY PIE--THAT LOOKS SO AWESOME-YUMMY!!!!!!!

MO

The Muse said...

This is a keeper!