Thursday, December 18, 2008


My blogging friend Darlene was tag with this earlier this week. It looked like fun so I thought I'd give it a try.

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? I don't know. I like them both!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just leave them under the tree? Santa wraps everything, even what is in the stockings.

3.Colored lights on house/tree or white? I'm a fan of colored lights.
4.Do you hang mistletoe? I haven't in a few years. When I see it in the store I do buy it. ;)

5. When do you put up your decorations up? Usually the weekend after Thanksgiving.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? I like it all, but I do look forward to the spoon roast we have every year!

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? When I was young (around 5 ish) I looked out our front picture window and swear I saw Santa flying by. Nobody can tell me that didn't happen. It's been 40+ years and I still remember it.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? What do you mean the truth about Santa? I believe...... I am quoting Darlene here!! My feelings exactly!
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Usually Tim gets to open one. NOTHING goes under the tree until he goes to bed. So if there is something there from a friend he can open one.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Our tree is a little bit of everything and I wouldn't have it any other way!~

11. Snow. Love it or dread it? I love snow...as long as I don't have to drive in it until the roads are cleared.
12. Can you ice skate? Are you kidding me? Not in a million years. I'm the most accident prone person you will ever meet.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I have had so many over the years it is hard to pick. My favorite gifts are the sentimental kind.

14. What is the most important thing about the holidays to you? I enjoy spending it with my children and grandchildren.

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Apple pie with real vanilla ice cream. I also like mincemeat pie.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Watching It's a Wonderful Life on Christmas Eve.

17. What tops your Christmas Tree? Right now nothing. My star broke!

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Without question GIVING!
19. What is your favorite Christmas song? I love them all!

20. Candy Canes. Yum or Yuck? I love to look at them. I just don't like to eat them.

21. What do you want for Christmas? I want to spend the day in my jammies, eat whatever I want and not gain an ounce!

22. Do you attend an annual Christmas party? Sometimes my school Christmas party...but I skipped it this year. I had too much to do!
23. Do you dress up for Christmas Eve or wear PJ's? Christmas Eve is spent home alone dressed oh so casual.

24. Do you own a Santa hat? Yes, I do...several!
25. Who do you normally spend Christmas with? It is normally Rich, Tim, Britt, her family and my mother. This year Britt is staying home (in her new home) with her kids.


If you'd like to play along, please feel free to do so.


take care,
Dawn

13 comments:

Lorrie said...

This is such a fun post Dawn! I love learning more about you. I hope you get your Christmas wish to stay in your jammies, feast like a queen and not gain an ounce!

Anonymous said...

Good morning, dear Dawn. You know I love everything about you.

Here is wishes for singing of carols and jammie days for you.

Unknown said...

Hi Dawn,
This looks like a fun tag! I may do it really soon!
I love your answers!
Today is my last day at work! I'm really glad now, but know I may miss it later!

Have a great day.

Missy Wertz said...

Fun tag! Thanks for sharing!

SmilingSally said...

"Santa wraps everything, even what is in the stockings." Santa stays up late at your house!

Your star broke? Oh, I can see it now...the day after Christmas...LOOK OUT! Here comes Dawn...she's going grab up a 50% off star for next-year's tree!

Anonymous said...

Morning, Dawn! This was a cute and fun read!
Be a sweetie today,
shelia ;)

Anonymous said...

THIS WAS REALLY FUN DAWN.ISN'T IT NEAT LEARNIG THESE LITTLE SQUIRKY THINGS ABOUT EACH OTHER?///ANN

Nola said...

I love finding out all the little facts about people that come out in those! Now I am hungry for candy canes!

Darlene said...

Hi Dawn,

I LOVED reading your answers to the Christmas tag. I especially LOVE #7. It sounds like my encounter with the Easter bunny. My mom always hid some eggs in my room to find in the morning and she said one night I sat up and looked straight at her.....she about died cause she knew that I saw her, but I laid back down. The next morning when I woke her up I was screaming "MOM I SAW the Easter Bunny in my room last night"!!!!!! Then I REALLY believed! It is just so funny to hear her tell the story!

Anonymous said...

Hi Dawn
That was a nice tag. I enjoyed reading your answers. You can tell how very special your family and children and grandchildren are to you...and I'm glad you have a Santa hat too!
I might do that tag too.
Have a lovely day.
Judi

Anonymous said...

What a fun post idea! Fun to read, too! I didn't see Santa when I was little, but I swear I heard jingles and the sound of hooves landing on the roof above my bed. :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Dawn, Today with my sisters gone I really did miss our Babette, but I know it was the best thing for her. We will not have another pet for awhile.

I really enjoyed your meme. So many of your answers would be mine. Not many love mince meat pie. I couldn't even find mince meat in the stores here. Here in the South the favorite pie is pecan. Mine is a family recipe sour cream raisin, then mince meat and pumpkin.

I love to stay in my PJ's as long as I can and just relax. I do that everyday. I used to be such a morning person. Not anymore. I get up early but I just want to drink my coffee and chill. LOL.


I think your school needs a new monitor. smile.

Christmas hugs...Jeanne

Cottage Rose said...

Hey Dawn; Wow now I am really getting to know you better. I love these tags, love your answer to skating,lol you really lighten my day... Thank you for the beautiful Card I got it today you are a sweet friend.

Merry Christmas.

Hugs;
Alaura