Friday, December 19, 2008

Family Favorite Foto Friday ~ Santa Tim

Deborah of Pictures Pots and Pens is hosting Friday's Favorite Family Fotos. Please stop by her blog to see who else is posting and be sure to visit them as well.

Today I am posting some pictures of Tim back in 2004 when he was 6 years old. He wanted to pretend to be Santa one night so he put on a Santa hat and his blue robe with a belt. Since he didn't have boots like Santa, his Spiderman snow boots filled the bill.

He used one of my gift bags to pretend to bring presents like Santa to put under the tree!
Even though he is 10 now and still believes in all the magic and wonders of the holiday, he doesn't want to pretend to be Santa any more. I miss those days when he was so little!

Please be sure to visit Deborah and all the others posting their favorite family photos today.

I got a phone call last night. Because of the impending snow storm for this afternoon and evening, they are closing school after just a half a day. I'm so excited!!! We won't have to make the day up in June either. I have so much to do, I am looking forward to a couple of extra hours of "wrapping" time!

take care,
Dawn

15 comments:

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Adorable boy!! He's really cute in his Santa Suit! Our school got canceled too, but we didn't get snow, we got about an inch of ice, as in freezing rain. YUK!! Have a safe and happy holiday!

Sherrie

Mary said...

Childhood is fleeting and all should 'believe' as long as possible! A blue Santa was a cute idea - he's a creative boy, cute too.

I'm due to fly to NYC this afternoon with my granddaughter - a bit doubtful now with the huge snow storm on the way. We'll be disappointed if we don's get to see the Christmas lights etc. My dh is already up there - may have to give him my shopping list!!

Merry Christmas Dawn - stay safe and enjoy the time at home.

Unknown said...

Dawn,
Tim is so cute in the pics. I see you love your old photos just as much as I do!

I hope you enjoy your extra time off!

I'm done with school! I did Christmas shopping yesterday and now I've got to wrap and shop for groceries.

Connor will be my little pal today!

Diane

Anonymous said...

Dawn, I love this story of Tim the blue Santa. He was such a cutie - and still is.

Stay warm and safe. And, happy wrapping.

Lorrie said...

This picture is just so cute Dawn, especially hearing the story behind it--what a sweetie Tim is!

Enjoy your extra time off--the timing couldn't be better--yay for a snow day!

SmilingSally said...

Oh, I know what this bonus time means to you! A half day is a touch of pure luxury at this time of year. Enjoy it.

Anonymous said...

Dawn, your Tim is so adorable and fun. He looks so cute in his makeshift Santa outfit. He has quite an imagination.

Oh boy, Lets go snow day. Time to do things unexpected is the best!!!

Love, Jeanne

Anonymous said...

WHAT A HANDSOME YOUNG MAN.I KNOW YOU'RE SO PROUD OF HIM.AND YOU FINALLY HAVE A LITTLE EXTRA TIME,YEAAAAAAAA...ANN

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

What a funny guy. He looks great as Santa :0)

Darlene said...

Santa Tim is just too cute!! WOOHOO getting out of school early...that will always work!

Anonymous said...

Hi Dawn!
Aren't you loving the snowday? If you see my post we have the same thing today..nice eh?
This story and the pictures of Tim are soooo cute. Wasn't he a cute little Santa. I know I hated having my boys getting so big too...enjoy and have a great afternoon!
Judi

Deborah aka Miss Bee said...

I know the family got a kick out of this play-acting. He made the best with what he had, didn't he?

I wish they would stay that way longer...they just grow up too fast.

Hugs,
Deborah

said...

Dawn, what a cute guy he is and what a darling memory.

Glad you all got at least the half-day off. We got the whole day off and we were so grateful to sleep in!

Anonymous said...

Christmas came early...we got a snow day, too!!! Yay!!! Kindergarten teachers of the world rejoice! LOL Today was supposed to be our last day before Christmas break, but we got to start it a day early.

Love the blue Santa outfit. It is so funny how kids improvise.

Neabear said...

That is so cute! What wonderful memories you have of your son and the pictures to go with them. That is the best part.