Tuesday, December 09, 2008

The joy of friendship!



Rechelle of Walnuthaven Cottage shared this award me this earlier this week.
Here are the guidelines to follow in choosing your recipients:

These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these kind writers. When you pass the award along please include these guidelines.I am to choose 8 friends to share this with.

It is hard to pick just 8 ....

Diane at A Picture is Worth a 1,000 Words
Nola at Alamo North
Lori at The View From my Door
Darlene at Darlene's Days
Tracy at Pink Purl
Judi at Cranberry Creations
Kim at Kim's Treasures
Rhonda at Scooterblu's Whimsy

Since it is the Christmas season, I would like ALL of you ladies on my blog roll to take this award because you are all very important and special friends to me!

Speaking of friends. They are a wonderful gift aren't they! Sometimes I just sit back and think about how blessed I am with all of the wonderful friends I have. Friendship is the greatest gift of all!

Last week at my knitting group we were talking about food mixers (We always talk about food LOL!). My friend Wendy mentioned that she had an old mixer she was giving away and asked me if I wanted it. Well, how could I say no to such a kind offer. I picked it up from here and last weekend decided that I needed to use it.




I made some brownies! Now doesn't this look good!! Sorry I don't have a picture of the finished product. Rich and I got into the brownies before I thought of taking a picture.

Wendy's youngest daughter goes to the preschool in the same hallway as my classroom. Every morning Wendy pops in to say hello! This morning I had a brownie waiting for her!

take care,
Dawn

15 comments:

Debi said...

Oh, you are so right, my dear! Friends may well be the greatest gift in all of the world! And in case you didn't know, I count you as one of my dearest! Your happiness is contagious, your positive spirit is a joy to witness, and your always kind words give me such a warm feeling!

Have a truly fantabulous day, Dawn!

Lorrie said...

Hi Dawn, thanks so much for this award--it has such a wonderful sentiment behind it. You have been such a wonderful blogging friend, and I look forward every day to see what's been happening in your life. Enjoy your mixer and your brownies!

Darlene said...

Good Morning Dawn,

Thank you so much for this award....I LOVE it. I always enjoy stopping by your blog and seeing what you have posted. Too bad all of us that have met in blog-land can't have a big party somewhere and meet up....wouldn't that be too much fun?!?!

I bet your brownies were wonderful...we LOVE them around here too!!!

Unknown said...

Hi Dawn,
I love this award!!! Thanks so much. It's funny how you can become friends with someone online isn't it?
I find myself really looking forward to visiting the blogs of those that I've established a friendship with!

Thanks again...maybe a few days before I can do a post on this, but I'll get around to it!

Diane

SmilingSally said...

I'm making some brownies today. You can read about mine tomorrow. I guess it's brownie time! You're an early bird, so you already know about the award I left for you at my place.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! You are the best.

Brownies! Yum!!!

Tracy said...

Hi, Dawn! Friendship is one of life's many gifts and blessings! And I feel blessed to know you as my friend. Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful award along with me. Congrats that you have be awarded--you and your blog are soooo friendly and fun! Thank you... :o) And for a peek at the brownies in progress. Brownies don't last long, very rare to get photo of them fresh out of the oven--LOL! Happy Day, my friend ((HUGS))

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

Don't you just love it when someone gives you something useful.We just polished off a pan of brownies !

Nola said...

Thanks Dawn, I'm flattered! I'll get that passed along within the next few days!

Anonymous said...

Hi Dawn! Yes, friends are so special to us. You're a dear to pass this on to your bloglist buddies...I'm one of them! I thank you tremendously! You're very generous and because of your generosity - I'd love a brownie please! lol
Be a sweetie,
Shelia;)

Anonymous said...

Hi Dawn *hugs*
Thank you so much for the lovely award. When I get all fixed up now I will take it with me. Now I'm having some computer connection problems but hope I'll get that fixed by the weekend.
What a yummy looking brownie batter that is...I can imagine you got right into it. I would have stopped by...

Have a really lovely day Dawn. I sure am missing everyone.
Judi

Anonymous said...

Hi Dawn,
I'm glad you like the mixer. I loved the brownie - yum!
Wendy

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Hi Dawn, You are such a sweetie! I am so honored to accept this award from you! I treasure it, but mostly I treasure our friendship! Thanks for the award and for being a friend! And Congrats to you for winning this award! :)

Love your festive background and banner! Too cute! Love the snow, too! :) ~hugs, Rhonda

Anonymous said...

Gosh Dawn, i just didn't get to your blog today until now. We ran the roads all day and I still have a post to do. How about that mixer. That brownie mix looks real tasty.

Gotta run and do my post. I hope I don't fall asleep. Not unusual for me. LOL.

I agree about the friends I have made blogging and otherwise. However blogging has opened up a whole new world of friends. I am blessed to call them my friends. That would be you Dawn. smile.


Christmas hugs...Jeanne

Cottage Rose said...

Hey Dawn; Congratulations on the award you so deserve it. And the brownies sound very yummy. How kind of your friend to give the mixer away And of you to share the brownie with her..... You are the best..

Hugs;
Alaura