Friday, December 05, 2008

Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer Cookies

I came home from school yesterday so tired!! After dinner I fell asleep on the couch for about an hour. I didn't know what to post about for today so I went through some old pictures and found these cookies that I made.



Several years ago I attended a family Christmas party and my step sister Sharon brought cookies just like these to the party. I asked her how she made them and it sounded so simple. She used her favorite peanut butter cookie recipe. I believe she shaped her dough better than I did when I made these. I used small pretzels for ears, chocolate chips for the eyes and red M&M's for the nose. Is there any better combination than chocolate and peanut butter? I'm not a big fan of chocolate in cookies but this is such a small amount it's not too much for me. Oh, and do I love peanut butter! My other favorite cookie at Christmas time are peanut butter blossoms. (peanut butter cookie with a Hershey kiss on top!) What's your favorite holiday cookie?

take care,
Dawn

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Those are so cute Dawn!

I've done the same thing you did...searched through old pics for a post and sometimes that post is the best kind!

We use to make Rudolph Sandwiches at school with peanut butter and bread cut in half on the diagonal!

Kids always liked this project!

Diane

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Good Morning, Dawn! These are just precious! I will have to "borrow" this idea for certain!

Hope you have a great weekend, and get some much needed rest! hugs, Rhonda :)

SmilingSally said...

Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer cookies! How cute.

Tracy said...

LOVE these fun cookies, Dawn!! Too, too cute...I love cookies, and of most any kind. Every holidays season I make choc. chunk cookies, and I do like to make my mom's recipe for simple, soft sugar cookies or pumpkin raisin cookies...mmm..I feel hungry for sweets now--LOL! Oh, really like your snowman curtains from you previous post...such fun! Take a break and rest when you can...these last weeks can be so busy! Happy weekend to you all ((HUGS))

Anonymous said...

Dawn, these are adorable. My favorite cookie is oatmeal raisin with pecans.

Neabear said...

These are adorable. Me, I love chunks of chocolate in cookies. The bigger the chunks the better. Yum! Hope you are not so tired today.

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

So cute Dawn! I may just have to borrow this one too!

The Muse said...

I adore the pretzels for antlers!!!

Anonymous said...

Dawn, better late than never I guess. I adore those cookies and I am going to copy them. I adore peanut butter cookies. The PB cookies with the candy kisses is a favorite with my family. We have a nickname for them. Are you ready? 'Boob' cookies. That is so obscene. Smiling Big!!!

Come over, two more days girl. I hope you are lucky.

Hugs...Jeanne

Darlene said...

Those cookies are just too cute! I like ANY cookie!!

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

Those are the cutest cookies. Great ideal Dawn.

Anonymous said...

Those are so cute!!!! I think I might give them a try. I'm always looking for a new holiday cookie to try. :-)

I've been tired coming home, too. Kindergarten is EXTRA exhausting during December, isn't it? LOL

Anonymous said...

Hi Dawn! I love your cute little cookies. Now, honey, we're gonna have to change the fact you've never made fresh lemonade. Come on over and I'll give you a lesson and then we can drink up! lol
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Anonymous said...

Oooo... you said the "S" word! Dad would kick your butt! Don't you remember the golden rule? No steps or halfs allowed - just brothers and sisters! BTW, Bob said if Sharon makes those cookies again he's gonna puke! Nothing personal, he just hates peanut butter cookies!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

These are soooooooo cute!

xo,

Sheila

Debi said...

Oh my goodness...those are so freakin' adorable! I am so stealing that idea!